The Color Wheel is a tool to help you create color schemes for your home or office. It’s used to determine whether colors blend together and create a cohesive look. Knowing how to use color wheel can help you learn more about how colors interact with each other.
It is a circular diagram that displays the relationships between colors.
Steps to use color wheel:
- Know about the primary colors: red, blue, and yellow. These colors cannot be made by mixing other colors.
- Learn the secondary colors: green, orange, and purple. Secondary colors are created by mixing two primary colors together.
- Know the tertiary colors: yellow-green, blue-green, blue-purple, red-purple, red-orange, and yellow-orange. These are created by mixing a primary and secondary color.
- Use it to determine complementary colors: colors that are opposite each other on the wheel. Complementary colors create a high contrast and can be used to create a vibrant look.
- Know about Analogous colors: colors that are next to each other on the wheel. Analogous colors create a harmonious look and can be used to create a calming atmosphere
- You can also use color wheel to experiment with different color schemes.